PDA

View Full Version : The psyche

Prajwal J Ullal
13-01-2015, 11:31 AM
Spotted many psyches resting on the dried grass or small plants along a particular area of the Lokhandwala lake This was one of the shots I could capture where the sun's rays and butterfly's position aided me in getting an interesting frame. It would stay at that position for really long time without getting bothered by my presence or movement, while framing it. Due to its very low position I couldnt get any lower that this and getting a sharp image was also an issue as I had to rely on my live view and angled view for sharp focusing.

EXIF:
Canon 50D
Canon 100mm macro
F/11
Shutterspeed 1/200
ISO 400
Handheld, no flash used

Abhishek Jamalabad
15-01-2015, 09:39 AM
Nice. An interesting perspective. I like how the silhouette of the abdomen is visible.

Mrudul Godbole
19-01-2015, 04:24 PM
Nice close-up. Good details. The backlit hair on the wing tip look nice. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
29-01-2015, 05:52 PM
Backlight works well with these as a lot of light passes through their body and it has bright yellow colour. In macro photography, it becomes very important to get sharp shots at lower shutter speeds and critical focus is also very important. What time of the day was it clicked? Thanks for sharing.