PDA

View Full Version : Ganga- at Kanpur

Chitrita Chatterjee
20-01-2015, 12:23 PM
Ganga- at Kanpur

Mrudul Godbole
20-01-2015, 02:11 PM
Nice view of the smooth flowing waters of the Ganga. Including the tree in full on the right would have enhanced the image further. When was this photographed? Thanks for sharing.

Chitrita Chatterjee
20-01-2015, 03:31 PM
Thanks :) the picture was taken in the first week of December '14 ...

Roopak Gangadharan
20-01-2015, 07:24 PM
nice...I hope the waters don't look the same even in good light.

TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
21-01-2015, 12:13 PM
Roopak,
I guess the image was converted to give the look and feel of old snaps and the water is not so polluted that it would turn yellow. However, these days anything is possible. :)

Interesting to see these kinds of boats. They impart a very rural feel to the image.

Chitrita Chatterjee
22-01-2015, 11:50 AM
Roopak,
I guess the image was converted to give the look and feel of old snaps and the water is not so polluted that it would turn yellow. However, these days anything is possible. :)

Interesting to see these kinds of boats. They impart a very rural feel to the image.

I have very slightly boosted the image- no other changes to the original picture. The pollution of Ganga begins at Kanpur- but that is further down stream. Here too Ganga is polluted, though not as bad as it gets further down. The color of water looks this way coz I took the pic as fog was lifting and sun starting to shine down.. if you notice- the horizon is hazy :):001_smile:

Debasis Bose
05-03-2015, 03:15 PM
Beautiful image. The image takes me back to my childhood days, I still recollect the tree. My dad use to take me on bicycle through Jajmau every year on sankranti.