PDA

View Full Version : Greater Flamingos : The Anatomy of Ground Level

Rajbir Oberoi
03-02-2015, 11:10 AM
Its how close you feel makes all the difference. When shooting at ground level, a perspective is born that takes you straight into the world of subject & away from every other thing around.

Comments and Critiques are welcome..

Canon 5d Mark III + Canon 100-400
ISO 1000, F/5.6, 1/8000s
WB 2550, Handheld

Jan 2015
Little Rann Of Kutch, Gujarat

Mrudul Godbole
03-02-2015, 02:09 PM
Liked the low angle perspective. The reflection adds to the composition. The blue seems to be high on saturation, looks unnatural. Thanks for sharing.

Rajbir Oberoi
03-02-2015, 02:25 PM
thanks Mrudul, yes blue is lil overpowering but i did that while shooting only, nothing has been done in Post in terms of saturation and vibrance and WB

Sabyasachi Patra
03-02-2015, 02:57 PM
The question is why such a white balance was choosen during daylight (mid day?) shooting? What was the intention? If you are shooting in RAW then White balance can always be changed during post processing as well so it doesn't matter. In wildlife photography, it is very important to portray the situation realistically. Too often images are ruined because of high saturations, exaggerated colours, contrast etc.

Were you expecting them to fly?

Rajbir Oberoi
03-02-2015, 04:11 PM
Dada, it was shot early morning at around 7 am, i shot in daylight WB settings also but after getting my shots, i tried to experiment with different WB, and quite like this one coz it gave me a dreamy feel, though it doesn't look real but have clicks of daylight WB settings also, will be sharing them too here...