PDA

View Full Version : Common Toad near water

Abhishek Jamalabad
09-08-2009, 12:00 PM
This was one of my first photographs with this camera, taken in March this year in an artificial pond at my place near Karnala Bird Sanctuary. Found it while browsing through the old images. Didn't know much about photography then (so used auto mode).
Posting this because it was the first, and so far the only time I have seen a toad this close to water. It was sitting, partly submerged, on a lotus leaf.

Camera Model Name Canon PowerShot SX10 IS
Shooting Mode Auto
Tv (Shutter Speed) 1/60
Av (Aperture Value) 5.0
ISO Speed 250(Auto)
Flash On
Shutter curtain sync 1st-curtain

Thanks for looking, C&C welcome.

Sabyasachi Patra
09-08-2009, 12:59 PM
The image is sharp. Would have loved a lower angle. Toning down the whites would look better. I am sure, when you go back to click the same scene, it would look different and a lot better.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
09-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Agree with Sabyasachi... a lower angle would hv been better. When you go this time, it will present a diff feel, i'm pretty sure of dat. :)

Abhishek Jamalabad
09-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Thanks both of you for the encouraging words:). I think (not very sure though) that I rested the camera on the pond edge, because at that time, anything below 1/100 would have given me a terrible amount of shake if hand held :D. So I think there wasn't any chance of a lower angle.

AB Apana
10-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Nice attempt, but the wall of the pond and the stick near the toad detract from the image.

Apana

Abhishek Jamalabad
10-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Apana I agree about the distractions... just posted this to show the behaviour.