PDA

View Full Version : Leopard's throne

Bhargava Srivari
12-02-2015, 09:18 PM
Leopard | Canon EOS 7D Mark II, Canon EF 300 f/2.8 L IS II USM | f/4, ISO 400, EC -1/3, 1/80 sec, evaluative metering | Kabini, Karnataka | December 2014.

Saktipada Panigrahi
13-02-2015, 01:10 PM
Happy to meet you after sometime.
Nice composition. Eyes focussed at a distance well documented. This leopard looks heavily-built. Wish you got it from another angle where the glimpses of its muscles could be seen. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
13-02-2015, 03:42 PM
Nice to see a leopard in sitting posture. Good eye contact. The vertical composition works well here. Was it resting? How long was the sighting? Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
16-02-2015, 09:48 AM
Wow! Super pose. Good to see a leopard (or atleast a shot) in the morning. :)

Why only ISO 400? The shutter speed was low. Did you use a TC? Since you were shooting at f4, a 1.4TC would have still given you f4 aperture. I think some more shutter speed would have given better details. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Rajbir Oberoi
16-02-2015, 11:35 AM
Lovely Sighting. Like the Vertical Compo... TFS

Vipin Sharma
16-02-2015, 11:46 AM
Loved the eyes expression from leopard , Is he looking at something?
At 1/80 , you still manage to get good details.
Agree with Sabyasachi da , that you could have gone to higher shutter speed to get better details.
Lovely image in overall. TFS

Bhargava Srivari
16-02-2015, 10:55 PM
Dear all,

Thank you for your feedback.

This was the very first safari with my 7D mk II and I mistook the 10 fps shooting speed for a good shutter speed. When I stopped shooting and looked at the screen I realized the shutter speed was too low and increased the ISO. I did f/4 because I wasn't getting the entire Leopard in focus at f/2.8, I have some images at the lens wide open too and hope to share soon.

We first saw this Leopard walking on the track; we followed him for 5-7 min after which he got onto the closest tree to the safari track and stayed there for a good half an hour. Vehicles started coming in, and I think after a while he had had enough so he leaped down from the tree and walked into the bushes.

Shyamala Kumar
26-02-2015, 05:56 PM
Wonderful sighting and beautiful capture.The details are mind blowing.The alert, graceful, feline posture has has been very well captured.Thanks for sharing.