PDA

View Full Version : LRK Diary Feb-15

Vipin Sharma
18-02-2015, 11:21 AM
An Opera Singer , Steppe eagle
A relatively large, handsome bird of prey, the steppe eagle closely resembles a number of related eagle species such as the tawny eagle. The main distinguishing features are the reddish-brown patch on the nape of the neck, the oval nostrils,

This is a full frame early morning shot, taken during my first trip to LRK , I was hardly 20mtrs away from the bird , sitting on the ground with tripod and my gears and you can see how comfortable he was.
Canon 7D EOS , Sigma 150-500mm , ISO-800 , 1/800 , -0.3 step , f/8.

Shyamala Kumar
18-02-2015, 04:10 PM
Lovely calling pose captured.The light from behind adds to the composition.Thanks for sharing.

Subhash Shrivastava
18-02-2015, 04:24 PM
She indeed is looking like a very intent and absorbed singer, singing to wide open amphitheater. Were you able to sight any Bustards there. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
18-02-2015, 07:08 PM
Lovely calling pose. Aquila eagles are a really tough lot to Id positively with a lot of overlap in ID features and also confusing plumages. Tawny is also an Aquila eagle with oval nostrils. Clanga shows round nostrils and includes greater spotted and Indian spotted.

TFS
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
19-02-2015, 10:00 AM
Good that you could sight it so close in the open and that too calling :). Nice eye contact. The light is nice. How long was the sighting? Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
19-02-2015, 12:33 PM
Lovely image. I like the pose. You got the eye in focus. Any post processing work on the background? A full frame shot ideally shouldn't show this kind of noise. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Vipin Sharma
19-02-2015, 12:40 PM
Dada , hardly any PP is done here except lowering down the temperature from 5600 to 4900 to obtain bluish effect at the background.

Saktipada Panigrahi
19-02-2015, 05:51 PM
Lovely. Calling eloquently at top of its voice straight from the heart.............Just like a child does in a singing competition. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild