PDA

View Full Version : Asian Elephant Drinking Water III | Bandipur

Sucheth Lingachar
18-02-2015, 06:47 PM
This was Photographed in Bandipur Tiger Reserve.

Nikon D7100, Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4D IF-ED + AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II/14E

F/9, 1/400s, ISO 500

Roopak Gangadharan
18-02-2015, 07:33 PM
Nice scene.seems to be enjoying itself...mostly on safaris I have missed seeing elephants enjoying a carefree dip and have always felt bad to see them move out of the water after spying a jeep. sometimes they wud have just got into the water and must be really irritating ...esp on those hot summer afternoons.

TFS
roopak

Mrudul Godbole
20-02-2015, 01:29 PM
Nice to see it peacefully having a drink. As I remember, this water hole is a bit away from the road, so possibly slight less disturbance from the gypsys. The tree on the left and the leaves on the top frame the image nicely. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
24-02-2015, 06:27 PM
This is a nice place. Unfortunately, the angle is always a problem as the road is on the bund. I think if the road would have arched some 40 feet away from the present spot, the elephants would have been more comfortable. In the jungle predators always prefer a vantage point to launch their attack, so herbivores are always careful. So psychologically a jeep virtually over head is not a pleasing feeling. Thanks for sharing.