PDA

View Full Version : The horned leaf hopper

Prajwal J Ullal
19-02-2015, 01:06 PM
Spotted a few of these leaf hoppers in the local garden, but most of them were positioned in a very cluttered or dense part of the garden plants, except for this one who was right on the tip of the leaf. Unfortunately, may be after spotting me in close proximity, it moved away to different plant, but ultimately came to a position similar to the earlier. This is one of those frames. Though couldnt experiment much as it was highly mobile and wouldnt stay in a single place or position and rather kept on moving away from my lens/view

EXIF:
Canon 550D
Canon 100mm macro
F/9
Shutterspeed 1/160
ISO 200
Handheld, inbuilt flash used

Mrudul Godbole
19-02-2015, 02:44 PM
Nice composition. Good eye contact and details. What was there in the background? Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
20-02-2015, 10:01 AM
These bugs tend to be shy. They have a habit of constantly moving to the other side of the leaf/twig. :) Wish you had used a flash diffuser here, as the highlights off the hairs are jarring.

Roopak Gangadharan
24-02-2015, 02:54 PM
nice. i have seen this species before ...on the leaves of a small banayan tree if im right. It some how reminded me of an owl.
TFS
Roopak

Prajwal J Ullal
25-02-2015, 09:16 AM
The garden is filled with these beauties and I myself have seen atleast two spiders, in different occasions, enjoying the feast of them