PDA

View Full Version : SUNDARBANS: Jan 2015: I have seen you but you would know my true self .........

Saktipada Panigrahi
21-02-2015, 12:09 PM
Canon 550D 75-300mm f8
Minutes earlier it has crossed Gazi Khal.

Mrudul Godbole
22-02-2015, 06:05 PM
Fresh pug marks. Yes we missed the tiger by just a few minutes :(. Next time we will definitely sight the tiger :). Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
26-02-2015, 05:22 PM
Very nice sir...potent and pregnant words.it is perhaps here that one will know what it was being that hunter, gatherer, who also got hunted very often.... and knew fear in its primordial form.

How many of us would really want to know??

TFS
Roopak

Shyamala Kumar
27-02-2015, 05:07 PM
Most often these tracks are the only signs indicating that the most fearful of all predators reigns supreme in these inhospitable part of the world.The Sunderbans with its unique ecosystem is equally tough on both the said predator and its prey.These tracks are made in the constantly changing mud banks of the delta of the most unique river systems in the world.It shows how wonderfully adaptive is this great animal called Panthera Tigris.

Debasis Bose
01-03-2015, 10:22 PM
Lovely subject, I have seen you but you would know my true self ....I can bounce back from near extinction if you give me some space. I live a majestic life and leave distinctive notable footprints for you to reflect. Wonderful image for introspection.

Sabyasachi Patra
02-03-2015, 05:11 PM
Atleast this is a reminder that even though we haven't seen, the apex predator is surviving. I have been in situations, Sariska, when the drivers and guides used to bluff by saying that a tiger is sitting on top of a hill far away and mocking my eyesight. Ofcourse not to be let down, I had clicked and shown that there is no tiger on the cliff that they are pointing. A month later, the news had come out that there were no tigers in Sariska. Given the pace of change and the scant regard for our wildlife and wilderness places, even sighting the pugmarks of a tiger should be considered as a good omen.

I live in hope that we will be fortunate enough to sight the tiger on our next trip to Sundarban.