PDA

View Full Version : The rest time

Prajwal J Ullal
25-02-2015, 09:26 AM
Spotted a dragonfly seated on the dried twigs at one of the areas of Sanjay Gandhi national park, not sure of its id. It was an interesting challenge to capture the beauty, especially in macro lens and anther challenge I loved to take was to get a front shot of the beauty. After taking few side snaps and looking at its behaviour, was very alert about my presence and would frequently fly off to some other twig, luckily not leaving the vicinity. Finally I decided to go for the front frame, but being right in front of its eyes, the all charged up hoverer flew off everytime i went too close to it. Also getting a proper base to balance at the low height was becoming very difficult. finally after 10-15 attempts I could manage to get the balance right and even get the frame right. Unfortunately everytime it flew off it would settle in a place with its tail facing the sun. This would lead to a very shadowy/ dark front. I tried a few shots with the flash off, but the details of the eyes would be missed, later I tried the flash, but it would over power the whole frame, even fill in flash failed to get a good, natural frame, so had to decide to do some post processing to get the details. This is the post processed image.
EXIF:
Canon 550D
Canon 100mm macro
F/5.6
Shutterspeed 1/320
ISO 400
Handheld, No flash

Mrudul Godbole
27-02-2015, 12:28 PM
Nice frontal pose captured. Your efforts have paid off. Thanks for sharing.