PDA

View Full Version : Gabbar Cooling off at a Waterhole in Tadoba

Shyamala Kumar
26-02-2015, 12:19 PM
Nikon 7100+70-300 F/8 ISO200 1/320s FL140mm.We were waiting at the waterhole when to our great surprise this particular royalty coolly crossed the road in front of about five vehicles went behind the shrubbery surrounding the the waterhole re-emerged and turning himself, back first, propelled himself into the water.He drank continuously for five minutes before he raised his head to survey the gaping humanity surrounding the waterhole.

Roopak Gangadharan
26-02-2015, 02:41 PM
nice scene. like the display of the habitat.
TFS
Roopak

Subhash Shrivastava
26-02-2015, 07:12 PM
Dear Shymala m'am;
Looks like I was also there. What a tiger, Gabbar writ large on his muscular body. When he turned around and starting reversing to go into water, I got confused, I was thinking is he trying to mark his territory, I muttered it and my kid said, "papa how can water retain the scent of his urine" :-).
Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
27-02-2015, 12:01 PM
Good to know you both were present at the same place. Maybe you can update your profle images so we all can recognise each other in the field :).

Seems Gabbar has got used to the papparazzi :). Nice to see it relaxing in the water hole. Good head turn and eye contact. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
27-02-2015, 03:43 PM
When he turned around and starting reversing to go into water, I got confused, I was thinking is he trying to mark his territory, I muttered it and my kid said, "papa how can water retain the scent of his urine" :-).
Thanks for sharing.
Child is the Father of Man!

Debasis Bose
01-03-2015, 04:19 PM
Majestic looks, nice composition