PDA

View Full Version : Sundarban: Mangroves III

Sabyasachi Patra
26-02-2015, 06:45 PM
This is the third in the series of mangrove images from Sundarbans. In this image I went further wider to give an impression that there are lot of mangrove trees. Though I liked the previous version http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?16224 better, it is also important to have the various perspectives while clicking so that it fits in with the story telling.

This was clicked at 100mm, f8, 1/200, full frame image. Canon EOS 5D Mark III converted to infrared.
Look forward to your comments.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Saktipada Panigrahi
01-03-2015, 12:50 PM
Nice. But I like the wonderful image posted earlier on 9-Feb-2015 much. That image created a pleasant perception that the Garjan tree, which definitely plays an important role in the mangroves of the Sundarbans has been rightly chosen to show the world its beauty with nice details which contained a scientific angle too.

By widening the image further with the same tree, somewhere we may be be creating an impediment or block in our thought process in the back of the mind in appreciating the Great diversity of the Sundarbans ....................Hental, Sundari, Kankra, Golpata, Keora, Bain, Dhundul, Genwa........All are required to play their respective role as the current and flow of sea water and salinity vary four times a day during high and low tides and during seasons too, as we enter the Mystic Mangrove from the sea and move towards the north.
Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
02-03-2015, 06:14 PM
I agree with your observation. I precisely wanted this type of comment and wanted everyone to compare and realise the difference. Our eye can catch and appreciate a vast landscape. However, while photographing, we have to take out only a few portions of it so that it makes sense to us. In this image, there is a mass of white which progressively goes out of focus and we can't comprehend the details. Also, the bright portions are more than the darks.

On another note, if one just moves his/her head left and right then he/she will soon realise why a lion fails to catch a herd of zebras (black and white stripes) running. It becomes a haze or blur infront of its eyes.