PDA

View Full Version : The rarity in city, Chestnut petronia/Yellow throated sparrow

Prajwal J Ullal
09-03-2015, 11:23 AM
In several of my visits to Sanjay Gandhi national park I have came across this beauty innumerous times, loved their unique sound, sometimes very similar to the micmicking Pied robins, but most of the times they would be located too far off in the tree making it capturing through my 55-250 lens a real tough task. most of the times I could get a decent image but when checked at 100% crop it would hardly have any details. In my recent trip to SGNP though I had a stroke of luck when a couple came very close to me and seemed to be inspecting a eligible home for its future family. They came one at a time inspecting the hole in the tree, while also keeping safe distance from me. But they seemed a bit less concerned about my presence and kept on checking the spot for over 4-5mins and then flew off. While one kept checking the spot the other would be seated far off, may be scanning the area for any predators or nuisance.

EXIF:
Canon 550D
Canon 55-250 IS
F/8
Shutterspeed 1/250
ISO 200
Handheld
Crop: 32%

Roopak Gangadharan
10-03-2015, 09:41 AM
nice...good job with a 55-250.

TFS
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
12-03-2015, 01:08 PM
Nice composition. The inspecting pose looks nice. Good you got some light on the eye. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
12-03-2015, 05:09 PM
Nice one. This looks slightly more yellow. Good that light is falling on the eye. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi