PDA

View Full Version : Eucalyptus Tree, Similipal

Abhishek Jamalabad
10-08-2009, 02:22 PM
Another old image shot with my Canon Powershot A580 fully auto camera, shot at Similipal in Jan 09, I think near the Maharaja's rest house.
Unfortunately no vertical... Didn't know much then...
Camera Model Name Canon PowerShot A580
Shooting Mode Auto
Tv (Shutter Speed) 1/400
Av (Aperture Value) 7.1
ISO Speed 80(Auto)
Full frame, slightly sharpened, no other changes.
Whenever I see a tree I go for this kind of composition, even today. (Provided the tree is straight, of course) :)
Thanks for looking, comments and critiques welcome.

Bibhav Behera
10-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Ahhh. at Chahala...
Good try. A still narrower aperture might be needed

Lakshminarayanan Nataraja
10-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Hello,

The Eucalyptus trees look robust and graceful.

However, they are exotics and should find no place in Indian forests. They are native of Australian marshes.

Because of its ability to grow faster, commercial foresters with poor foresight introduced them to many of our forests.

In the north, Sal forests were destroyed and in place Eucalyptus plantations were established. Natural mixed forests of South too were replaced by Eucalyptus.

Eucalyptus is non palatable for wildlife. They are preferred only by man for its hard timber, bark which is widely used in paper and tanning industries.

Eucalyptus has a blame of reducing thinning the even emptying the water table.

Sagar Patil
10-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Nice perspective :)
Just feel, there could be an insect going upward somewhere in foreground.

Sabyasachi Patra
10-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Ohh the tree that lot of people would love these trees removed from the landscape (except perhaps the paper industry). Would love to see more trees, with details of their scientific names, impact on wildlife etc.

I like the composition. Opening up the shadows would help.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Abhishek Jamalabad
10-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Thanks everyone.
I didn't know this tree was a villain.:eek:. Come to think of it, no creature has benefitted from these trees here in India... Never thought of that before. Thanks for the detailed info, Lakshminarayan.
Sabyasachi I didn't try to open the shadows because I felt the contrast between the dark shadows and the light colour of the bark looked good.

AB Apana
11-08-2009, 06:52 AM
Agree about the tree, but a nice image. Perhaps you could tone down the highlight on the trunk a tiny bit.

Apana