PDA

View Full Version : Spot-billed duck at Nawabganj

Nishith Kumar
09-03-2015, 11:49 PM
This was my fourth visit to Nawabganj Bird Sanctuary! I am still in search of a nice hide as most of the place is either crowded by picnickers or love birds. Anyways I settled behind a bush with my camera and newly acquired Manfrotto monopod+ball head away from the hustle and bustle of merry makers. Over a period of time I realized that I am far more comfortable with the camera in handheld position than on a monopod. Here is one of the first picture that I took on Sunday. Many more to come including couple of BIF images.

Exif data:

Camera: Canon 60D
Lens: Sigma 150-500mm
Aperture: 6.3
Exposure time: 1/1600
ISO: 640
Focal length: 500mm

-Nishith

Pallavi Hujband
10-03-2015, 11:53 AM
This was my fourth visit to Nawabganj Bird Sanctuary! I am still in search of a nice hide as most of the place is either crowded by picnickers or love birds. Anyways I settled behind a bush with my camera and newly acquired Manfrotto monopod+ball head away from the hustle and bustle of merry makers. Over a period of time I realized that I am far more comfortable with the camera in handheld position than on a monopod. Here is one of the first picture that I took on Sunday. Many more to come including couple of BIF images.

Exif data:

Camera: Canon 60D
Lens: Sigma 150-500mm
Aperture: 6.3
Exposure time: 1/1600
ISO: 640
Focal length: 500mm

-Nishith

Nice Capture :) If I am not mistaken it is Spot Billed Duck not a waterfowl..

Nishith Kumar
10-03-2015, 10:18 PM
Thanks Pallavi..Yes..you are absolutely right, it's a spot billed duck :D Actually Waterfowl is a generalized term for ducks, geese, and swans.

-Nishith

Pallavi Hujband
11-03-2015, 11:27 AM
Thanks Nishith :)

Sabyasachi Patra
12-03-2015, 05:24 PM
A bit more contrast would be better. Also, this image has got a greenish cast. You got it engaged in nice action.

PS: Changing the title