PDA

View Full Version : The tailed jay butterfly

Prajwal J Ullal
10-03-2015, 10:57 AM
While i was returning from the national park past weekend, a bit exhausted with almost a 5hour stroll along the national park, I spotted a beauty right at the entrance gate of SGNP. It was a tailed jay butterfly and was restricting itself to a limited perimeter of area. Since I was a bit exhausted I had decided to keep the camera in my back pack, but after seeing this beauty I took it off, had it in zoom lens initially, took some close up shots at full zoom, and seeing the beauty still resting on one of the leaf I decided to cautiously slipping in the macro lens and headed even closer to the angel. Luckily the butterfly wasnt bothered by my presence, but the lighting wasnt too good due to the heavy shadows from the neighbouring trees and shrubs. SO experimented with fill in flash to get a clear shot.

EXIF:
Canon 50D
Canon 100mm macro
F/5.6
Shutterspeed 1/60
ISO 400
Handheld, built in flash used(on least power)

This was, probably, my first encounter with this beauty.

Mrudul Godbole
12-03-2015, 01:56 PM
Lovely colours and details. Nice composition. Just slight less space on the left would strength the composition further. Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
22-03-2015, 10:22 AM
Very nice. I like the use of flash here. A very pretty species, it is hard to resist clicking pictures of this butterfly whenever one sees it.