Av(Aperture Value)
F10
Metering Modes
Evaluative metering
Exposure Compensation
ISO Speed

Bibhav Behera
10-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Nice image. I like the perch. the colours of the munia are nice. Is this a crop?

Sabyasachi Patra
10-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Anup,
Beautiful bird. Looks nice on the green background. Its good that the angle is not too steep. I would prefer a bit of crop from the top. There is a drop in image quality. Is this a big crop? Its a small bird, so tough to get full frame. In case, this is a crop, I would like to see a wider framing. It is not easy to create pleasing environmental portraits. I find pleasing environmental portraits done more by painters rather than photographers.

Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Abhishek Jamalabad
10-08-2009, 09:03 PM
As said by the others, there is a drop in quality.
The capture is lovely though. Nice head turn, eye contact etc. I don't think you needed Av f10 here... reducing it would have given you a higher shutter speed (i.e. considering you were in Av mode), which is of utmost importance when it comes to active little birds like this one... Not that it is inadequate in this photograph, though.

I think you could open up the shadows to enhance it further... (?)

AB Apana
11-08-2009, 06:48 AM
Agree with Sabyasachi's comments.

Apana

Mrudul Godbole
11-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Lovely colours. I liked the contrast of the bird and the BG. Sharp. I just cropped a bit from the top, thought this composition might work. Let me know..

Sagar Patil
11-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Such a nice photo :)
Leaves standing tall adding extra features.
Its been long time wish of mine to capture this bird :rolleyes:

Anup Ranadive
12-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Lovely colours. I liked the contrast of the bird and the BG. Sharp. I just cropped a bit from the top, thought this composition might work. Let me know..
Thanks a ton Mrudul.
The cropped image looks wonderful.

I tend to get lazy with the processing...but not while shooting ;-)

Thanks once again.