PDA

View Full Version : The beauty of macro

Prajwal J Ullal
19-03-2015, 02:11 PM
Saw this Ceylon caper flower along the slopes in SGNP(Sanjay Gandhi N P) and was immediately urged to capture some abstract frame out of it. So with aperture almost wide open I captured this frame with some the tip of the flower in focus.
EXIF:
Canon 550D
Canon 100mm macro
F/3.2
Shutterspeed 1/320
ISO 200
Handheld

Mrudul Godbole
20-03-2015, 02:06 PM
Nice image. Liked the shades of pink and purple. Good details. Did you try a vertical composition? Thanks for sharing.

Prajwal J Ullal
24-03-2015, 12:09 PM
I didnt try vertical frame, but had some other frames in horizontal format, this one seemed to have a better value with two stamen tips in good focus.
Also would like to share that this photograph was taken during Sanjay Gandhi NP's Photothon and was qualified as second runner up in 'Patterns and Tapestry' category

Roopak Gangadharan
31-03-2015, 01:36 PM
congrats prajwal. nice colours, i think it will also look good if the green stalk is not touching the top edge with more space in that direction.

TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
21-04-2015, 03:41 PM
You may need to explore a bit more. While playing with colours, especially with primary colours, it is very important to think where our attention goes. The green at the top, the (probable) sensor dust on left and then a fingerprint type symbol at the left bottom corner competes with our attention.