PDA

View Full Version : Pride.....

Prasad Dingankar
04-04-2015, 10:27 PM
Posting after long time, first ever carnivorous animal for me. When we entered Gir pride resort, Gir, our obvious intension was to see the Lion. But All the other tourist who made their game ride was disappointing. So, I thought of taking my chance to visit the Temple ride in the heart of the very jungle. Apart from the wish to see the lion my list topper was Leopard.. Though I could not get to see the Leopard.. The king did the Favour.
Canon 30 D with 24-105 @105
TV- 1/400
ISO -400
AV-5.6
+0.3 compensation Hand held, Full Frame

Mrudul Godbole
06-04-2015, 10:49 AM
Good that you started your list of carnivores with the 'King' :). Nice relaxed pose. How many days were you at Gir? Thanks for sharing.

Prasad Dingankar
06-04-2015, 12:12 PM
Thank you Mrudul, We reached Gir 28th evening, stated back on 31st Morning, I was driving my car all the way from Surat. Its a 10-11 Hrs Journey (Non Stop). on 29th I had some birding around the Camp Leo.... relaxed .... evening to Somnath & back.. Lovely tribal dance (Sidi community) at night. As all the onlin permits to forest were full, I was unwilling to buy any in black market with more than double rate. I prefer going to Kankai Temple, which is in the heart of Very forest but do not need permits. The photography is BAN tough. Still I took my chance.. it paid the dividend. All the other tourist, staying in camp leo that day, who visited the park were disappointed for not seeing a single, on the other hand I happened to see Two of them.

Roopak Gangadharan
06-04-2015, 05:58 PM
Nice sighting...image looks soft.
TFS
Roopak

Prasad Dingankar
06-04-2015, 09:20 PM
TFS
Roopak

High rec image of this is absolutely fine in sharpness. May be Picasa has made it soft... don't know. If you can tell me how to attach High Resolution Image, I will be more than happy to share.

Saktipada Panigrahi
06-04-2015, 10:49 PM
Nice sighting. Two features of Asiatic Lion are noticed here -- longer ear to tip of nose and almost bald central forehead. Well taken. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Debasis Bose
07-04-2015, 08:48 AM
Super sighting Prasad. In sighting this lion you have played better than anyone else. Nobody sets rules but oneself

Sabyasachi Patra
08-04-2015, 01:17 PM
Nice sighting. I guess you uploaded a bigger file and the software resized it. The limit is 300kb and max 1024 pixels on the longest side.

Prasad Dingankar
09-04-2015, 10:43 PM
TFS
Roopak
Finally my Lightroom is up... Here is the image resized with light room. No alterations without brightness adjustment..