PDA

View Full Version : The King

Prasad Dingankar
05-04-2015, 10:39 AM
There were two of them when we first saw them. Ours was the only vehicle on the route to Kankai Temple. It was sight to behold and why not when you travel all the way long about 600km (Its the distance from Surat) Jut to see the King and your wish fulfilled.

Canon 6D with 400mm
TV 1/1600
AV 5.6
ISO 1600
0 compensation
Handheld

Mrudul Godbole
06-04-2015, 10:52 AM
Lovely close up. The low angle adds to the composition. I liked the pose and the thick mane. Good details. Thinking shifting the camera just a bit more to the right would have enhanced the composition further. Thanks for sharing.

Prasad Dingankar
06-04-2015, 12:28 PM
Thanks Mrudul, It was too close to us.. there were two of them sitting on the edge of the kaccha road to kankai temple. This one I spotted first from the back side. Our driver(we hired a Xylo) was unaware for some moment. When he noticed it, after a moment, he was more worried, atleast thats what I observed from his body language. may be because the route is ban for photography. I took this photograph just after crossing the king, and the driver was not willing to wait.... But then the joy of seeing the king was beyond words... My kids also enjoyed it a lot.

Roopak Gangadharan
06-04-2015, 06:08 PM
Nice...the glowing mane looks good. Agree with mrudul on compo.
TFS
Roopak

Saktipada Panigrahi
06-04-2015, 10:53 PM
May be siblings, not exactly known. When numbers were much less, foresters used to tell us. Well taken. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Prasad Dingankar
06-04-2015, 11:01 PM
Thanks Shakti da, Probably yes the siblings because when the one of them moved away from the place where it was sitting earlier, the other who was fast asleep was keen to know where he is going.
Here is that shot taken when one was moving away and the other was observing him curiously

Prasad Dingankar
06-04-2015, 11:05 PM
when two of them were sitting near each other, the younger one (evident from mane) was so lost in the sleep that he was not even willing to open the eyes.