PDA

View Full Version : Indian Turnsole

Prajwal J Ullal
07-04-2015, 08:28 AM
Shot at the dried off Dahisar river at SGNP Borivali. This beautiful flower seemed to have been growing on most of the dried river bed area and seen at different spots of the river base.
Tried to capture the elegance of the flower with the widest aperture.

EXIF:
Canon 550D
Canon 100mm macro
F/2.8
Shutterspped 1/640
ISO 200
Handheld, No flash used

Mrudul Godbole
07-04-2015, 03:12 PM
The small bluish white flowers look very nice. I feel using a narrower aperture here to get more depth of field and the flowers in focus would have enhanced the image further. Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
08-04-2015, 08:24 PM
Nice. I like the shallow dof experiment. I would have tried something like f4 or 5.6 for this. However, it would be good to see shots with a higher dof as well.
What size are the flowers? Curious to see an image of the entire plant.

Sabyasachi Patra
21-04-2015, 03:43 PM
This is a bit too shallow and large parts are not covered in the depth of field. The dark green patch at the left also doesn't help matters. Do you have a shot with a narrow aperture? Was it windy?

Prajwal J Ullal
21-04-2015, 04:12 PM
Unfortunately I didnt try with Higher DOP, it wasnt windy but was a bit dark and too low on ground, so had to take aid of Live view on fixed screen to get focus right.

Roopak Gangadharan
23-06-2015, 12:40 PM
Nice to know u are trying out different options. Agree with comments above on DOF in this image.
TFS
Roopak