PDA

View Full Version : Riveted Tank

Debasis Bose
09-04-2015, 06:52 PM
Nikon D 700, Nikor 70-200 f2.8, 200mm@f3.2, ISO 200, 1/500s.

This massive Rhino was barely 30 m from us that prompted to take this portrait shot. After about 20 seconds she decided to mock charge and then turn around and vanish into the elephant grass. Have some 25 shots out of which about 12 of them have come out well also video of entire episode has come out quite well

Saktipada Panigrahi
10-04-2015, 09:58 PM
Nice close-up. Massive build.
Your riveted tank never continues its attack on a fallen victim, you are well aware. I had to practice rolling and moving sideways on ground before I went to Manas with a bag full of rice, dal, potato, tea, sugar and salt. Those were the days.......Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
12-04-2015, 09:22 AM
Lovely. The build of this giant is nice. Reducing the contrast and lowering the highlights would strengthen the image.

To add to Saktipada ji's point about rhino not following up with a fallen victim, elephants are known not to harm people lying down like dead. One researcher is supposed to have a broken leg and lied down on the ground like a dead man, then elephant inspected and then moved away. Frankly speaking if the elephant is close enough, I am not sure if I can hold my pounding heart and lower the breathing sound. Rather than respecting a dead, the elephant will then give a kick or two realising the fake act. :)

Mrudul Godbole
14-04-2015, 09:47 AM
Nice composition. Liked the way the water mark can be seen on the body. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.