PDA

View Full Version : Looking back in time or Ignoring looks

Debasis Bose
13-04-2015, 10:52 PM
I was moved by the expression of tigress’s eyes that appeared to be conveying “look at these senseless people spending hundreds of thousands of their hard earned money to have a glimpse of my kind”, these same people did not even bother and unmercifully destroyed my beautiful habitat and killed my forefathers and relatives when we were in abundance and glorified entire Indian subcontinent.

My 82 year old mama (mothers brother) accompanied me to Kaziranga. While on flight from Kolkata to Guwahati, he said me, he cannot even imagine that we were spending hundreds of thousand to go forest to watch wildlife. During his teen, he encountered tigers, leopards, elephants etc on regular basis while walking or playing at the fringes of the village

Nikon D 7000, Sigma 150-500, @ 450 f 7.1, 1/3200s, ISO 6400 (this picture was shot at Corbett)

Mrudul Godbole
14-04-2015, 05:09 PM
Nice pose. Slight more space at the bottom would have been nice. With human population growing and animals limited to a few places, we have to spend thousands of rupees to go and see them. Even birds we cant see much in our backyards these days :(. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
18-04-2015, 12:13 PM
Nice sighting. We have wiped out wildlife from most of the places and they are now limited to a few places, that are bound by human habitations all around. The moment we sight a large wild animal, people panic making the wild animal nervous and enter into someone's house and create a "breaking news" situation. Where is the tolerance that India and Indians were known for?

Saktipada Panigrahi
20-04-2015, 08:01 PM
Symbol of grace and power, well aware of tourist traffic during this period; nicely depicted. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild