PDA

View Full Version : Wild Water Buffalo_Manas National park

Samrat Sarkar
16-04-2015, 12:24 PM
Photographed in Manas NP beside BEKI river in Banshbari range in December 2014.
Canon 7D + Canon 500mm f4 + Monopod
ISO 400, 1/800, F4, EC -0.7, full frame, Monochrome done by CS5

Debasis Bose
16-04-2015, 12:54 PM
Lovely composition, standing 5 to 6 feet tall they appear and are formidable mammals. The right calf looks very young. It is a widespread concern that the wild water buffalo are endangered and live only in a small number of protected areas. Their populations are likely to diminish as interbreeding with domesticated one are common at the fringes of the forest and bordering villages. Human population with their intelligence is not only posing threat to nature and wildlife but the planet earth itself with a population currently between 8~9 billion.

Shantanu Roy
16-04-2015, 07:57 PM
A truly great photograph. Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
17-04-2015, 11:23 AM
The composition looks very pleasing in the b/w treatment with slight rim lighting. The tall grass in the background adds to the composition. Nice to see these water buffaloes with young calves. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
19-04-2015, 03:52 PM
Lovely image. These wild buffaloes appear so calm with their young ones. It is a nice sight to see the calf suckling. Some say it is auspicious to sight a calf suckling. I would have loved some more depth of field. The image has got a painterly feel to it. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Saktipada Panigrahi
20-04-2015, 09:05 PM
Mystic image. I am delighted to see Manas which is justly famous for its buffaloes which grow bigger and carry larger horns. Two types of horns are seen. (R) Horns sweeping out from the head sideways with a shallow curve. (M) and (L) Horns semi-circular and curving upwards. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Samrat Sarkar
21-04-2015, 02:16 PM
I am really thankful to all for sharing all these valuable comments which have greatly helped me to appraise my picture.
@ Debasish da, Shakti da,
Thanks for the detailed info...
@ Sabyasachi da
Your comments have provided me another great angle of viewing my own picture..thanks a lot....
@ Mrudu ji
Thanks for your Nice comments....