PDA

View Full Version : Indian Muntjac (Barking deer)_ Female_ TATR

Subhash Shrivastava
24-04-2015, 07:12 PM
Canon SX60 HS, 1/125, f/5.6, 81 mm, ISO-250. 30% Cropped from top and sides to bring it forward.

Clicked in TATR on 29-Jan-2015. We found this doe-eyed beauty eating the dried yellowish mud in a dried waterhole. Ours was the only gypsy there; she continued with her chores, we left after 10 mins. It’s a different feeling when we are able to leave a natural scene as we had found it.

Sabyasachi Patra
26-04-2015, 02:34 PM
Nice sighting. They try to lick the minerals from man-made salt licks or in places where minerals are found by licking freshly broken/exposed soil. These cameras with smaller sensor than DSLRs have a lower dynamic range. So while composing one needs to be very careful about including bright sunlight and shadows together in the same frame. Did you use any noise reduction? The shadows seems to have been pulled up a bit more. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
27-04-2015, 11:36 AM
Nice behaviour captured. Good you got it looking towards you. The 'V' shaped brow mark is quite prominent. Liked the alert look. Wish the lighted portion on the top was not present, not much you could do about it though. TATR now would be quite crowded with holiday season going on. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
27-04-2015, 02:24 PM
Nice sighting. Spectacled-like marking on the face ( trying to co-relate with marking on some Naja naja's hood) is liked by me. Looking at the bamboo forest of Tadoba, I do not know why I am thinking a Dhole may come out any time! Presumably the earthquake effect felt here.........Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Roopak Gangadharan
28-04-2015, 12:37 PM
Nice. agree with mrudul on compo.

TFS
Roopak

Subhash Shrivastava
29-04-2015, 09:36 PM
Dear Sabya sir, Mrudul, Sakti da and Roopak.
Thanks for viewing and sharing your feedback.
Sabya sir, only crop, saturation increase by 8% and then applied unsharp mask, all done in GIMP. So noise reduction in any of my images.