PDA

View Full Version : Master of camouflage

Prajwal J Ullal
06-05-2015, 10:19 AM
Spotted this unique beauty while moving along Gorai jetty area. What seemed to be some dried and burnt object stuck on the tip of a twig turned out to be a master of camouflage, probably a Lynx spider
Ongoing traffic did pose some problem for focusing and getting a detailed shot but eventually managed to get a decent shot. Had a few part of the other branch of the dried plant intruding in the frame, on the right hand lower side, got those touched up in this edited shot
Exif
Canon 550D
Canon 100mm macro
F/7.1
Shutterspeed 1/160
ISO 200
Handheld, inbuilt flash used

Mrudul Godbole
06-05-2015, 10:54 AM
Nice observation. I think the top portion is not covered by the depth of field. You were also using f7.1. A narrow aperture and a higher ISO would have been better. I think keeping the dried plant at the right bottom would have been fine, as it was not directly obstructing the subject. Was any touch up done on the lower left part also? Thanks for sharing.

Prajwal J Ullal
06-05-2015, 11:30 AM
There wasnt any touch up done on left lower side, I guess that's the part of the twig on the backside of the framed area.

Sabyasachi Patra
12-05-2015, 05:29 PM
The spider appears like a dead wood. How much of a crop is this?

Prajwal J Ullal
12-05-2015, 05:40 PM
I guess about 50% crop, took it at wrong angle so lost most of the frame to get the image in vertical composition