PDA

View Full Version : King of Vidarbha

Kaustubh Pandharipande
13-08-2009, 03:01 PM
I am not willing to disclose the name of place for conservation reason

Bibhav Behera
13-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Good image. Including the tail in entirety would have been better.

AB Apana
13-08-2009, 04:05 PM
I see your point but one hopes that the FD knows. The ancient tamarind grove near the new airport in Bangalore would have become as SEZ but for the fact that it had been documented by scientists and enthusiasts and a report submitted to the Karnataka Biodiversity Board.

Thus, the SEZ proposal stood no chance.

Apana

Sabyasachi Patra
13-08-2009, 04:53 PM
I agree with Apana.

Most of our wildlife and wilderness places are lost due to lack of documentation. They are often termed as wastelands and taken over for some project.

If you know the place, then the poachers would know it as well. Most of the poaching is done with the help of local people. And poachers don't poach on the basis of postings in the net. So the only people who wont know about the place is us.

From the photo the place appears to be an artificially constructed water hole. So I guess the FD knows. I am not sure that non disclosure of the location helps in conservation.

I like the low angle and the looks. It seems the image can do with a bit more sharpening. Inclusion of the full tail would have been great. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
13-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Nice action captured. Nice pose. Is this a crop?
Agree with Apana's point.

Do post the apertute, ISO and shutter speed details to help in critiquing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
13-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Nice pose and light. Would have been better with the full tail included. Do post the EXIFs.

Agree that withholding the name of the place may not really help. Poachers would take help from locals, they probably wouldn't trust net postings by people like us... And on the other hand, by posting the name, you could help spread some awareness about the place among people interested in helping with conservation, i.e. the kind of people who would visit this site. :)

Kaustubh Pandharipande
13-08-2009, 10:02 PM
in past on some other site i mentioned the name of place...and many people said not to mention the name. I too think that there is no point in hiding the name. Its from 'Nagzira' a well known NP in Maharashtra.

thanks for other comments.....

AB Apana
14-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Yes indeed, Nagzira is a well-know NP so no cause to withhold the name.

Some photographers (not you) tend to withhold the name because they are scared that somebody else might go there and take a better image of that bird or mammal :)

Apana