PDA

View Full Version : Pangot-Travelogue, Streaked Laughingthrush

Nishith Kumar
20-05-2015, 08:36 PM
After working so hard since last couple of months, I finally decided to take a break and what could be better than a birding trip to Pangot with friends and my better-half! I was not really sure what to expect but at the end it turned out to be one of the best trip of my life! I was just blown away by the amazing sunset, beautiful mountain ranges, thick, pristine forest cover and diverse flora & fauna. We stayed at Kafal House & Jungle Lore birding lodge at Pangot and I must admit the hospitality was just amazing. I woke up amidst chirping of birds, it was an out of world experience! The very next morning we went out for trekking in the jungle and the resort pet dog which was aptly named "Gabbar" followed us all the way like an expert guide :-) There was a point during the trek when I thought that I saw something moving on the opposite hillock! I quickly tried to focus my Sigma 150-500mm on that living being but couldn't lock on it. In desperation I fired out couple of quick shots in succession before it moved away amidst the thick foliage. Later on during post processing I was surprised to see the result! :-D It's kind of a record shot but nevertheless I will share it in appropriate section on a later date:-) Also, during the night while we were sitting beside the camp fire mesmerized by the starlit sky I came across a very unusual looking worm with very bright glowing fluorescent dots on it's back, it was unlike anything I have seen before. I checked on the net but it was different from glow worm. I will post the record shot in couple of days and I am sure seniors and experts will Id the creature.
Here is the picture of one of the commonest bird that I came across during my very short weekend stay in Pangot. Enjoy!!

Streaked Laughingthrush

Exif info:

Camera: canon 60D
Lens: Sigma 150-50mm
Focal length: 340mm
Aperture: 7.1
Exposure time: 1/200
ISO: 1600

-Nishith

Mrudul Godbole
22-05-2015, 10:37 AM
Good to know you had a nice break :). Cute bird. Nice perch and eye contact. There seem to be some highlights on the bark, you can try to recover in post processing. Look forward to more from Pangot. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
22-05-2015, 02:00 PM
nice write up. good to know you had a great trip. like the pose here and good details on the bird. agree with mrudul on the highligts.
TFS
Roopak

Mangru Minz
22-05-2015, 04:21 PM
Like the pose and details , great image....

Nishith Kumar
23-05-2015, 05:17 PM
Thanks Mrudul Mam, Roopak & Mangru bhai for appreciating the pic :-)

-Nishith

Samrat Sarkar
23-05-2015, 08:19 PM
lovely image..thanks for sharing
Samrat