PDA

View Full Version : Image of the Month April 2015

Sabyasachi Patra
26-05-2015, 01:45 PM
The honour for the Image of the Month for April 2015 goes to Samrat Sarkar's Wild Water buffalo image from Manas National Park. The image has a painterly feel to it.

Congratulations Samrat!

The following is the image details shared by Samrat.
Photographed in Manas NP beside BEKI river in Banshbari range in December 2014.
Canon 7D + Canon 500mm f4 + Monopod
ISO 400, 1/800, F4, EC -0.7, full frame, Monochrome done by CS5

Sandipan Ghosh
27-05-2015, 07:02 PM
simply impressive photography....

Mrudul Godbole
28-05-2015, 03:56 PM
Beautiful environment composition. Congratulations..!!

Samrat Sarkar
01-06-2015, 11:32 AM
This is really a great, if not the greatest, news for me. In my career as a birder and wildlife photographer this is the first time that I have received any honour for my work! And I consider this to be a great honour and an important milestone in my career. I am deeply grateful to the "Indiawilds" for this. ...
I was a bit unlucky to receive this good news in time as I was outstation as bird guide on a birding trip in "Bunkulung" near Mirik, Darjeeling, West Bengal, where use of cell phones were very much restricted. I came to know this great news only when I returned from the trip on last Sunday, on 31st May. I apologize to the Administrators and viewers of the "Indiawilds" forum for being late in expressing my gratitude and thankfulness for the honour i have been bestowed.
Thanks again to everyone!
Samrat

Roopak Gangadharan
04-06-2015, 02:42 PM
Congrats Samrat...the rim lighting and the habitat display makes this image for me. well deserved honour.

TFS
Roopak

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
31-08-2016, 08:34 PM
Beautiful monochrome image .TFS