PDA

View Full Version : Indian Bison/Gaur Tadoba

Rajpal Navalkar
12-01-2009, 09:02 AM
Camera:Nikon D-80
Lens:Nikon 80-200F 2.8 +1.4x TC Tamron

Mrudul Godbole
12-01-2009, 03:12 PM
I liked the composition. The angle at which both the Gaur's are turning gave a good effect to the shot.

Sabyasachi Patra
12-01-2009, 07:25 PM
Rajpal,
I checked the shooting information. You have photographed the Gaurs at ISO 200, f2.8, 1/400 sec at 200mm.

This is a lovely scene. Nice composition. The light is soft. You are shooting from a low angle. The two gaurs standing side by side form a repeated pattern and give a nice appearance. Watching them peacefully in the forest would have been a nice experience.

Is this image a big crop? I noticed that you were shooting at f2.8. You could have increased the aperture to f4 to get some more depth of field. Were you handholding or using some support (bean bag, monopod etc) ? Look forward to more.

Vikram Gupchup
13-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Wonderful Image !
It is a pleasant surprise to see another 80-200 still being used!
A little tilt correction maybe?

Govindarao Srinivasa Babu
22-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Great Shot... just in case you would have Shoted this pair vertically.. by adding the trees at their full length as a bg...(just in case).....Hmmmmm.. what do u say sir ???

Sabyasachi Patra
22-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Great Shot... just in case you would have Shoted this pair vertically.. by adding the trees at their full length as a bg...(just in case).....Hmmmmm.. what do u say sir ???

Vertical would give a different perspective. Including the tall trees with Gaurs beneath it, will tell a different story about the habitat. It will also give a sense of scale. Ultimately it depends on what story you are going to tell.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi