PDA

View Full Version : Elephantscape

Samrat Sarkar
19-06-2015, 02:57 PM
I generally use long focal length lenses. But it was raining cats and dogs over Ramganga Reservoir in Dhikala, I dared not take my big gun out open in the rain. I took my NIKON P510 in my hand and was sitting in the gypsy not knowing what to do. Suddenly a big Tuskar appeared in the gloomy landscape. It seemed to enjoy the early spring rain. Its majestic movement with the hazy mountainscape at the backdrop created a marvelous scene. And this is how I tried to capture the moment. We sometimes love basking in the rain and it sometimes is more so when we see someone else enjoying the rain in the vast openness.
NIKON P510
ISO 450, 1/250, f4.5, Monochrome done by CS5

Roopak Gangadharan
19-06-2015, 03:10 PM
lovely scene, well captured. like the monochrome treatment. a little less of the grass in the FG perhaps??

TFS
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
19-06-2015, 04:46 PM
An environmental composition can speak volumes compared to a close-up. Lovely feeling to watch a lone tusker walking past in heavy rains. Agree with Roopak, slight less space in the foreground (cropping a bit from the bottom) would be nice. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
20-06-2015, 09:09 PM
Lovely. I agree that less space at the bottom and a bit more off centered composition would have strengthened the image. This image shows that equipment is not the only important variable in creating good imagery. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Saktipada Panigrahi
20-06-2015, 09:10 PM
It is simply one wonderful canvas of Corbett T.R. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Samrat Sarkar
30-06-2015, 04:25 PM
Thanks a lot for lovely comments Rupakji, Mrudulji, Sabyasachi da, Shakti da..
I cropped the image and did some editing with photoshop and posted it: now as you have pointed out about the framing of the photo I feel that you have rightly said and the photo certainly would look better the other way.
samrat