PDA

View Full Version : And so the monsoon came in

Prajwal J Ullal
22-06-2015, 05:55 PM
On my recent walk at Sanjay Gandhi National Park, just a day after the Heavy downpour that stalled Mumbai, I enjoyed each and every moment of the Mid-day walk along the freshly emerged nature. Loads of water all along, loads of fresh greenery, flowers and whole lot of butterflies. But this one was an interesting growth along the pathway on the inner sides of National park, near Shilonda trail area. Thanks to an expert and nature lover Shardul Bajikar for the ID of this beauty that seemed to be completely drenched in the fresh showers and seemed more like an ornament basking its reflective and intricate beauty.
The rains started off again and with no protection for the camera and lens I didnt risk trying any wider DOF. Hope to encounter them in my coming visits.

ID: South Indian squill (Ledebouria revoluta or Scilla hyacinthina)

EXIF:
Canon 550D
Canon 100mm macro
F/3.5
Shutterspeed: 1/125
ISO 100
Handheld, No flash used

Roopak Gangadharan
23-06-2015, 01:08 PM
Nice. These days get to see them only on the unexploited laterite hills and forested areas here....as mentioned by you with coming of the rains.

TFS
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
23-06-2015, 02:27 PM
A very colourful plant. The water droplets look nice. A narrower aperture would have been good. The composition looks fine. Thanks for sharing.

Sandipan Ghosh
23-06-2015, 04:42 PM
Excellent shot....great details...