PDA

View Full Version : The equisite Apefly

Prajwal J Ullal
22-06-2015, 06:02 PM
While on the lookout for some spiders I came across a BEAUTIFUL and TINY butterfly, thinking it to be some blues(from distant) I wasnt much keen on taking any snap, but close observation made me realize it was an Apefly. Though this wasnt the first time I had seen it, but I was shocked to realize how tiny it was. To make matters difficult, it was very cautious and was very much aware of my presence and everytime i tried to reach close to it, it would fly off. After several failed attempt(improper DOF or lighting) finally I could manage to get this frame. The most difficult was the inability to locate or spot it while it was on flight, especially due to the overcast weather.

EXIF:
Canon 550D
Canon 100mm macro
F/4.5
Shutterspeed 1/100
ISO 200
Handheld, Built in flash used(fill in)

Mrudul Godbole
23-06-2015, 01:58 PM
Nice perch and pose. I think some more brightness would be good (not sure if it is my monitor). You could have kept slight less space on the right for an off-centered composition. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
28-06-2015, 11:00 AM
The shutter speed was less. Wish you had better shutter speed, as the image is lacking in sharpness. Some more brightness would have been also better. What was its approximate size? Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Prajwal J Ullal
30-06-2015, 03:26 PM
This was hardly 15mm across

Roopak Gangadharan
30-06-2015, 03:29 PM
nice, agree with comments above.
TFS
Roopak