PDA

View Full Version : Crested Serpent Eagle

Murugan Anantharaman
25-06-2015, 05:58 PM
Hi All... Its been a long time I have been inactive in Indiawilds. Reasons are pretty similar as earlier- work, travel etc. However, I am glad to be back now and hope I will stick around for a while longer :) and learn more here.

This picture is a similar to a picture I posted earlier, taken in Kabini last year. The eagle just didn't move in spite of the fact that we were quite close.

Nikon D7k, f/6.3, SS 1/500, ISO 250, 420mm (Nikon 300mm f4+1.4x TC)

Roopak Gangadharan
26-06-2015, 10:47 AM
Nice one Murugan, good eye contact... CSE and CHE seem quite tolerant in most areas with tourism just like the big cats, esp if you are in a safari jeep. Is this a full frame?

TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
26-06-2015, 01:37 PM
Welcome back Muruguan!

This is an elegant bird protected under the same Schedule as the tiger. For a long time it sits silently without appearing to do anything that will keep the photographer busy. So people mostly move on after sometime. However, all these while they keep on scanning their surroundings and suddenly they would be off the perch in a moment to catch their prey.

I have seen langurs with small baby's scamper off and get extremely agitated when a Crested Serpent Eagle comes and perches on a nearby tree.

It is a little bit dark, so the dark brown and black parts of its feather have lost details. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Saktipada Panigrahi
27-06-2015, 06:24 PM
When Murugan Bhai returns home, things start moving faster. Composed look, eyes and the bill, nicely captured. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
01-07-2015, 02:20 PM
Nice to see you back :). Liked the perch and the eye contact. Nice catch light on the eye. Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.