PDA

View Full Version : Leopard --On a Misty Morning in May

Shyamala Kumar
30-06-2015, 10:51 AM
Turning a bend in Kabini, right in the beginning of our safari we were enthralled by the sight of this male casually perched on an uprooted tree eying us reproachfully for intruding on his privacy.Nikon 7100+150-600mm F/8 1/500s ISO1600.

Sabyasachi Patra
01-07-2015, 10:17 AM
Wow! Lovely sighting. Everyday I imagine a leopard in a different situation. :)

This fellow perhaps got up from his slumber and is getting ready to move insearch of its prey.

Subhash Shrivastava
01-07-2015, 12:25 PM
A Leopard perched on a fallen tree trunk out in the open clean, clear and handsomely poised. It cannot get any better than this with the misty curtain for a background. You are having special times with Leopards :), may be enough to document their various behavior.
Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
01-07-2015, 01:07 PM
nice pose...must have been great to see a leopard in the mist..looks like the same male you posted some time back.

TFS
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
02-07-2015, 02:16 PM
Its amazing to sight a leopard sitting in the open on a cold misty morning. As Roopak has said, it does look like the same male. How long was the sighting? Thanks for sharing.

Bhargava Srivari
03-07-2015, 01:19 AM
Fabulous sighting. Seems like hard conditions for photography with low light and lots of mist. There is perhaps a slight color cast of magenta which can be corrected quite easily during processing.

Shyamala Kumar
05-07-2015, 08:05 PM
Thanks everybody.This was our first sighting of the male,surrounded by thick mists and in low light.After a few minutes he descended from his perch and moved away into the bushes ostensibly to join his mate, giving us all a few more photo ops.Later when the mists had thinned out a bit we returned and this time I got a few more images of him in better conditions.

Murugan Anantharaman
06-07-2015, 12:53 PM
How lovely it must have been starting the day with a sighting like this... I have not been lucky at Kabini, never spotted a cat. Thanks for sharing.

Sucheth Lingachar
06-07-2015, 03:06 PM
wow... beautiful image... I always dream to see leopard when ever i saw dead tree stump in forest... dont know when this will be fulfilled....
lucky to get this.. TFS

Vipin Sharma
13-07-2015, 12:59 PM
Loved everything about this image. Mist at the background enhancing the image. TFS