PDA

View Full Version : Silver breasted Broadbill_Manas National Park

Samrat Sarkar
01-07-2015, 01:19 PM
A rarity in Manas..not a shy one but difficult to spot in dens woodland...
Canon 7D + Cannon 500mm f4 + Monopod
Photographed in April 2015
ISO 500, 1/125, f5, EC -0.3 step, cropped

Shyamala Kumar
01-07-2015, 02:56 PM
A rare exotic bird beautifully captured.Great details and vibrant colors .Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
01-07-2015, 05:00 PM
Rare sighting. Nice perch and eye contact. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
02-07-2015, 09:44 AM
Tough one to shoot in low light. I would have loved to see details in the dark feathers. It is not easy to get everything in one trip. It takes many days before one gets a subject in perfect conditions for photography. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Murugan Anantharaman
03-07-2015, 05:29 PM
Lovely picture of the bird. The details are nice. During my trip to chopta last year I had seen this bird but could not get good shots of it. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
04-07-2015, 01:56 PM
Rare and Lovely. A Male, I think. Challenging situation faced with wisdom.Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Roopak Gangadharan
06-07-2015, 04:02 PM
Nice pic of this beauty....agree it will be a treat to see one in good light.
TFS
Roopak

Samrat Sarkar
07-07-2015, 01:33 PM
Thank you very much Shyamla ji, Mrudul ji, Roopak ji, Mr Murugan, Shakti da and Sabyasachi da for your lovely comments....
These birds are rarely viewed in the open; their movements are restricted mainly in the deep and dense forest...I have been looking for this bird for the last two years and got a very few shots of it; this is one of them.
@Shakti da, @ Sabyasachi da
Yes, it is a male. The female ones bear a white patch in their necks.
I really appreciate your empathy with my joy and hurdles of my birding experiences. This is unmatched.
Thanks a lot
Samrat