PDA

View Full Version : Bristled Grassbird-Another angle

Nishith Kumar
09-07-2015, 07:43 AM
SGPGIMS campus which is situated in Rae Bareliroad, Lucknow away from the hustle and bustle of city life. It's 550 acre campus has amazingly the most diverse flora and fauna one could expect. The SGPGIMS birding team which includes Dr. Able Lawrence, Nelson George, Rushil Fernandes and Me has documented 156 species of resident and nonresident birds so far inside our beautiful campus. Yesterday morning we were strolling around the grassland in search of birds when Dr. Able Lawrence started a discussion that we should be looking for a bird that looks like zitting cisticola but is much much bigger, in order to find the elusive grass bird...Within minutes of this chat a bird with Stout, black bill, buffy supercilium, broad rounded tail with white tips, white throat, broad black streaks in mantle made a somewhat orchestrated appearance around 50 yards in front of me! I made a cautious approach and started clicking it's pictures. As I mentioned in the previous post this is probably the first documented sighting of this vulnerable species in Lucknow.

Exif data:

Camera: Canon 60D
Lens: Sigma 150-500mm
Aperture: 7.1
Exposure time: 1/1000
ISO: 1600
Focal length : 500
Handheld, Cropped image

Bristled Grassbird (Chaetornis striata)
SGPGIMS Campus, Lucknow
Early morning

-Nishith

Saktipada Panigrahi
09-07-2015, 03:59 PM
Nice image. Bird could also be thoughtful! Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
12-07-2015, 01:32 PM
This image is better. Moving a bit more to the left would have given a better eye contact. Great to know that the SGPGMIS campus is a home to so many species. I think it would be good if you with the help of your colleagues can create an article on the various resident and migratory species in the SGPGIMS campus. That can help others inspire to document their surroundings.

Mangru Minz
19-07-2015, 04:33 PM
Sharp image , agree with Sabyasachi sir moving to the left would have given improved eye contact or would have wait for the head turn. Thanks for sharing.