PDA

View Full Version : Coppersmith stretch aerobics

Abhishek Jamalabad
17-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Shot from my terrace one evening.
It was heavily overcast, hence the low shutter speed, at lowest possible Av... Would have liked it with less clutter, and more eye contact...
I don't think I need to describe it, it's a common bird even in cities, seen usually on fig trees. Feeds on figs, and sometimes bores into the bark to get at insects. Has a distinct metallic tok-tok-tok call.

Camera Model Name Canon PowerShot SX10 IS
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
Tv (Shutter Speed) 1/125
Av (Aperture Value) 5.7
ISO Speed 200

Thanks for looking, comments and critiques awaited.

Sagar Patil
17-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Wow, let me know housing rates in your area :D

I think this is full zoom of your camera. Good attempt. Hope you could take head turn also.

Abhishek Jamalabad
17-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Yes Sagar, this is the full zoom + a little bit of cropping.
You don't need to look for a house in my area:D... If there is some tree cover near where you stay, just look around... these are usually there wherever there are fig trees (mainly banyan and peepal)... In my area there are probably more coppersmiths than sparrows:). They stay near the canopy, hardly ever venturing more than halfway down the tree.

I have images with better head turn also, but posted this one because of the pose...

Mrudul Godbole
17-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Nice photograph. You have already mentioned most of the points in the image :). Would like to see any aother image with more eye contact.

Keep posting..

Bibhav Behera
17-08-2009, 11:31 PM
Nice Image,
would have liked more head turn towards you...

AB Apana
18-08-2009, 12:17 PM
Agree about the eye contact, but still an interesting image.

Apana