PDA

View Full Version : Common Kingfisher

Prasad Dingankar
30-07-2015, 09:50 PM
It was my long pending wish to capture this bird to my heart's fill. On Sunday morning finally this birdy gave me some good time. It was fearless.... and was not at all in any hurry. I made some images.

7D MII with 400mm
AV-8
TV- 1/640
ISO 400
Spot metering with 0 compensation
Handheld, Crop

Saktipada Panigrahi
31-07-2015, 09:11 AM
Nice image.One can easily compare the details with your wonderful image of the Three-toed Dwarf Kingfisher. Nice of you that the two images have been posted one after another.Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
31-07-2015, 04:04 PM
Nice perch and pose. Good details. I think you can increase the saturation, just a wee bit more (maybe its my monitor). What was there in the background? Got it with a catch? Thanks for sharing.

Prasad Dingankar
31-07-2015, 04:12 PM
Nice perch and pose. Good details. I think you can increase the saturation, just a wee bit more (maybe its my monitor). What was there in the background? Got it with a catch? Thanks for sharing.

No luck with catch this time, Its wild grass in the background

Sabyasachi Patra
31-07-2015, 05:35 PM
A bit more brightness as well as a little bit more saturation would be better. Canon does a good job with the evaluative metering. I normally find guys using spot metering when the subject is small in the frame. How much of a crop is this? Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Prasad Dingankar
31-07-2015, 10:13 PM
A bit more brightness as well as a little bit more saturation would be better. Canon does a good job with the evaluative metering. I normally find guys using spot metering when the subject is small in the frame. How much of a crop is this? Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Yes actually that was mistake using spot metering. But, in the excitement of birding I noticed it quiet late, there were many phesent tailed Jakanas out there that day. I was really willing one nice shot of Jakana but I couldn't. Its about 40% crop

Roopak Gangadharan
01-08-2015, 09:55 AM
nice. agree with comments above. not easy to get details in the plumage of this bird.
TFS
Roopak