PDA

View Full Version : ID Help appreciated

Prajwal J Ullal
04-08-2015, 09:52 PM
Have spotted similar caterpillar on same/similar plant(thin sticked, long leaves, bamboo like) at Nagla block too. This one was easily 2-3 inches long and had a very special, decorated front area and with its appreciably big size the front section seemed a really great subject to be captured. This is one of the close up shot of the caterpillar front area details

EXIF:
Canon 550D
Canon 100mm macro
F/10
Shutterspeed 1/100
ISO 400
Handheld, Inbuilt flash used

Location SGNP, Borivali

Mrudul Godbole
07-08-2015, 09:23 AM
Quite colourful. Good details. Quite interesting patterns on the body. Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek, please help with the id. Thanks.

Sabyasachi Patra
07-08-2015, 09:58 AM
Interesting shot. The details in the head are good. Wish you had some more light to use even more aperture.

Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Prajwal J Ullal
07-08-2015, 11:16 AM
Yeah, I faced this issue quite frequently since I decided to explore the f/8+ aperture, hope to resolve this by getting a manual external flash, a colleague had recommended the one that he had been using for the past 1.5 yrs

Abhishek Jamalabad
07-08-2015, 11:38 AM
Fantastic details, especially the eyes. I've seen this species at Karnala, but no clue about the ID. Playing around with the fill light option in Lightroom can help if the original isn't lit well enough (since I don't have enough cash for an external flash, that's my way to go :P).

Prajwal J Ullal
25-08-2015, 08:24 AM
I have purchased a cheaper option for the exorbitantly costly branded TTL flashes, something my colleague has been using for over a year, it a manual flash from Digitek named Speedlite DFL 003, its a manual flash with majorly all the functions of a normal external flash including slave functions and costed my Rs 1950/-, may be cheaper at some places, is a bit costly online. Shall share my experience of using it in some months.