PDA

View Full Version : Manas_scape

Samrat Sarkar
10-08-2015, 01:25 PM
Without herd of elephant we can't imagine Manas. At the end of winter they could be found almost everywhere, in the grassland, in the woodland, crossing roads and river towards Bhutan....and elephants are beautiful creature for watching in wide wilderness in jungle. I have done the monochrome effect here for open up the calm but mysterious ambiance of the deep
Canon 7D + Canon 500mm f4 + Monopod
ISO 500, 1/2500, f4, Full frame, Monochrome done by CS5

Dheerendra Singh
10-08-2015, 03:27 PM
Nice composition. ..look like star on the tree.

Shyamala Kumar
10-08-2015, 07:37 PM
Lovely imagery. Beautifully composed projecting the the mysterious life of elephants in the wilderness.

Saktipada Panigrahi
11-08-2015, 11:53 AM
Mystic image. Manas is lovely, dark and deep.............Sun rays cannot penetrate and reach the ground in some seasons.....Nice feel......
Has Manas changed its character..............From truly Wild Buffalo and huge Tusker.......to ........ Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Prasad Dingankar
11-08-2015, 12:17 PM
This life is probably short to enjoy all the wilderness of Mother India.. At times one has to see it through the eyes of others. Thanks for sharing the Beauty of Manas.

Saktipada Panigrahi
11-08-2015, 12:53 PM
Prasad Bhai,
Prof. John Kenneth Galbraith, world famous economist who loved India, was hand picked by President J.F. Kennedy and was made US Ambassador to India . I recollect, once he said - 'It requires three lives if you wish to see India'. I went to Kanha for the first time in March, 1975 promised to come back in May that year; could revisit only in May, 2005; went to Manas in April,1979 promised to return next year, instead went to Simlipal in April,1980. Went to Corbett in February, 1973 promised to return in summer 1974 but could made it again in May 1988. I only remember Prof. Galbraith.............when I miss my target.

I made a goal in early 1970's of visiting one jungle every year but has ended up with about 30-32 visits to 16 sanctuaries in 45 years. Sundarbans being so close has contributed to the statistical boost!

I am pleased to share your nice feeling.
SaktiWild

Prasad Dingankar
12-08-2015, 12:31 PM
ShaktiDa... Thanks for resonating my feelings. For most of the time this very feeling saddens me. So far, I had dropped all the opportunities to visit abroad countries.. Just for the sake of seeing my own country at first place.

Roopak Gangadharan
13-08-2015, 06:50 PM
Nice...like the BW treatment, does give it a mystic feel. but the highlights at the top draw the attention.

TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
15-08-2015, 06:22 PM
Nice to know that you saw elephants in Manas. Hoping to see a shot of elephants on the banks of the river in wide angle. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi