PDA

View Full Version : Indian Silverbill

Murugan Anantharaman
13-08-2015, 04:44 PM
Corbett had a lot of birding to offer. This picture is taken from my visit to the park last november. We reached a meadow in Bijrani where we saw these birds in abundance. They are particularly attracted to rice,paddy and maize and it was no different here considering the abundance of similar vegetation. But being shy they wouldn't let us near them and we couldn't get out of the gypsy either.

Nikon D7k, F/5.6, SS 1/1600,ISO 400,ec +.3, 420mm (Nikon 300mmf4+1.4x TC). Slightly cropped for composition.

Sabyasachi Patra
13-08-2015, 05:26 PM
The curved perch looks nice. It is always tough to get these tiny birds larger in the frame. Bird photography with around 400mm lens is not easy. So basically trying to make habitat shots with deeper depth of field would be more useful. Reducing the colour temperature a bit would be better as the yellow channel has got overexposed. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
13-08-2015, 05:53 PM
Its an amazing sight to watch these beauties perched on the crops, swaying in the wind. Nice eye contact. You had any tiger sighting? Thanks for sharing.

Murugan Anantharaman
13-08-2015, 06:28 PM
Thanks for your inputs Sabyasachi.

Its an amazing sight to watch these beauties perched on the crops, swaying in the wind. Nice eye contact. You had any tiger sighting? Thanks for sharing.

Yes Mrudul, we had tiger sighting. But I wouldn't really call it a proper sighting. We saw the tiger walk ahead of us with 4 gypsies following. My entire Corbett experience was a damp squib in the Bijrani zone. I don't think I would want to remember Corbett that way. Corbett without Dhikala is probably not worth.

Sandipan Ghosh
17-08-2015, 10:44 AM
Wonderful photograph....good composition..