PDA

View Full Version : Cottom pygmy geese- in conversation, Near Nizamsagar

Subhash Shrivastava
08-09-2015, 06:06 PM
Canon SX60 HS, 1/250, f/6.3, 83 mm, ISO-100. Cropped for better presentation. Basic PP in GIMP.
Clicked in a Jheel near Nizamsagar dam (Nizamabad Dist. Telangana) on 21-Mar-2015.

Mrudul Godbole
09-09-2015, 10:45 AM
Nice sighting of a pair. Were there a big flock of these in the lake? Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
09-09-2015, 11:33 AM
Nice to see this subhash...last year they were completely missing from the areas where normally seen. Hope to see some good numbers this time.

TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
10-09-2015, 04:11 PM
Great to see this species. I think I haven't seen them for sometime. Hopefully the wetlands remain free from encroachment and these birds continue to come year after year. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Subhash Shrivastava
12-09-2015, 11:49 AM
Hi Mrudul, Roopak, Sabya, thanks for sharing your thoughts. Cotton teals are relatively in good numbers around here. This particular jheel is my favorite spot for viewing them and it offers better photography chances also. The jheel is abundant in Water Lilies and ringed by good vegetation.

The sorry spot when I last visited is that the big trees on it's bank were being cut, a big banyan tree that used to house a whole colony of green pigeons was cut down.