PDA

View Full Version : The Fatal Game

Arun Acharjee
27-09-2015, 01:56 PM
I found these two spiders hanging from the same web just beside my village path. Firstly, I thought it was the common hunting process of a spider. But my fault became clear very soon when I found both of them spinning with the soft breezes. And, noticed that both of them were already dead. It is my assumption that they successfully able to inject their venom into one-another, be it for hunting or for defensing purposes. And here is the ultimate result.

The ultimate procedure behind their death and, also, behind the title of this post is based on my assumption. Requesting for expert's views on the same.

EXIF info:

Device: Nikon D7000
Lens: Nikkor af-s DX 35mm f/1.8G
Focal length: 35mm
Aperture: F/4
Shutter speed: 1/320s
ISO: 200
Exposure mode: Manual
Focus mode: Manual
Handheld, No flash
Edited with Photoshop CS6, Cropped.

Taken on: 26/09/2015 at 12:22pm.

Thank you.

Abhishek Jamalabad
27-09-2015, 10:55 PM
Very interesting. Do you have images from any other angles?

Arun Acharjee
28-09-2015, 06:24 PM
Very interesting. Do you have images from any other angles?

Sir, I've some other pictures taken by holding the camera almost in the same position. As they were spinning with the breeze(as I said before) I managed to get some of their different positions. But, those are not with me just now as I am away from my home. I promise to post at least some pictures out of them within next few days. Thank you.

Sabyasachi Patra
12-10-2015, 05:18 PM
Interesting situation. How big was the web? One spider knowingly will not get into another spider's web except during mating and at times due to wind. It is always important to get as many angles for id purpose as well as for understanding the situation. I guess the web may have been destroyed when you photographed it?

Arun Acharjee
12-10-2015, 05:46 PM
Interesting situation. How big was the web? One spider knowingly will not get into another spider's web except during mating and at times due to wind. It is always important to get as many angles for id purpose as well as for understanding the situation. I guess the web may have been destroyed when you photographed it?
Thank you Sabyasachi da for your valuable words. The web was a bit big one and was already destroyed partially. I had not a single contact with the web except framing that from a distance. But one wrong I had committed that I did not change the angle of the scene. Sorry for that. Though, as they were spinning from that single thread with the blowing breeze I managed to capture some different angles of that event and have already post one of the rest with the title "The Fatal Game Pic 2". It will be my pleasure if the mentioned image can fulfill the query.