PDA

View Full Version : Purple Heron (Juvenile)

Nishith Kumar
04-10-2015, 11:07 PM
This tall guy is a regular visitor in a nearby pond. Unlike whistling teals and cormorants this particular bird is quite oblivious of my presence. I usually shoot during late evening hours as at that time the sun is directly behind me. Today, I waited for half an hour to capture a feeding moment but alas was unlucky. May be some other day:-)

Exif Info:

Camera: Canon 60D
Lens: Sigma 150-500mm
Aperture: 10
Focal Length: 500mm
Exposure time: 1/1000
ISO: 800
Handheld
4th October 2015

-Nishith

Mrudul Godbole
05-10-2015, 12:00 PM
The vertical composition looks good. I would have liked a bit more space at the bottom. There are some loss of details. Is this full frame? As it is regular visitor, you can try to get closer by using a hide or parking yourself at one place. Using manual focus will be better as it is difficult to lock the focus on the eye and the focus might lock in the background. Thanks for sharing.

Nishith Kumar
05-10-2015, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the advice mam...Yes, it's almost a full frame image..small cropping done on the left..I will try to incorporate your inputs and come up with another interesting image:-)

-Nishith

Abhirup Dutta Gupta
07-10-2015, 08:55 PM
WONDERFUL vertical capture with great details.........

Saktipada Panigrahi
08-10-2015, 11:23 AM
Beautiful image. Expression in the eyes in search of prey nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
09-10-2015, 02:54 PM
I would reduce the contrast as the blacks in some places have lost details. At f10 aperture I was expecting more details, if it is not a big crop. You can actually get some good images if you continually visit the same spot for several days and wait at one spot patiently. At times these birds do some thing interesting which the regular birders miss out. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Prasad Dingankar
13-10-2015, 10:01 PM
Nicely captured.. Thanks for sharing