PDA

View Full Version : The Yellow beauty

Prajwal J Ullal
05-10-2015, 10:13 PM
The Crab spider
While I was framing some garden flower I spotted some yellowish object at the hindside of the bunch of flowers, later realized that it was a well hidden crab spider and slowly it emerged out, probably due to the movement of the flowers, and sat on top of the flowers. This beauty wasnt much shy to the camera and helped me in getting a good close shot of it.

EXIF:
Canon 550D
Canon 100mm macro
F/13
Shutterspeed 1/125
ISO 400
Handheld, Inbuilt flash used(85% crop)

Sabyasachi Patra
06-10-2015, 08:14 AM
The spider is clearly seen and is not hidden behind flowers. However, the image looks a bit soft, mostly because of the crop. Since your minimum focusing distance is 1 feet, you need to keep that in mind and move as close to the subject as is possible. At times we forget that.

Prajwal J Ullal
06-10-2015, 08:47 AM
Actually Sir, I had set the lens at least focusing distance and taken the photo, this was mildly cropped of(reduced by just 15%). I wanted to get as close as possible to it, so had kept the lens at minimum focusing distance

Sabyasachi Patra
06-10-2015, 11:37 AM
You can also explore the possibility of buying 25mm extender. Canon is costlier. May be a Kenko will be ok.

Mrudul Godbole
06-10-2015, 01:21 PM
Nice image. The bright flowers provide a good contrast. You could have used a higher ISO for a slight more shutter speed. In the header you had mentioned it is 85% crop, so I think Sabyasachi thought you were not close. Thanks for sharing.