PDA

View Full Version : Female gaur

Abhirup Dutta Gupta
11-10-2015, 10:32 AM
CANON 60D, SIGMA 150-500 MM OS, ISO. 2500(AUTO), SS. 1/640 ,F. 10, Full frame.In Jaldapara n.p. West bengal.
I was trying to avoid the another gaur at the rare part of this one in the same frame and as the sun light appeared for few times only(it was overcast all day) I could not get the total body in this image.

Saktipada Panigrahi
11-10-2015, 12:44 PM
Nice close-up. The colour of Gaur varies a lot, here is an example, not too dark, I think. Normally its eye glitter a bit but...The difference from the low to ground variety in the South is evident here. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
12-10-2015, 02:18 PM
It is a bit difficult to compose in such situations. What focal length did you use here? A couple of things you could have done here is try to move more to the left (if possible) to avoid the other gaur or zoomed in more to get a tighter frame (if you were close) or go for full wider composition to include the other gaur as well.

You could have tried composing this way (this is not proportionate crop, its just to give you an idea). Thanks for sharing.

Debasis Bose
12-10-2015, 04:33 PM
Wonderful capture

Sabyasachi Patra
13-10-2015, 04:48 PM
If you were slightly to your left, then perhaps you could have avoided the other gaur. The highlights are slightly hot. Gaurs do have that typical school boy "stockings" look. During childhood days we used to wear white stockings and the gaurs always remind that to me. That white in the legs is slightly overexposed. In digital it is very important to control the highlights as if it once gets overexposed then the details get lost. Though we can recover it a bit, but the details if not recorded can't be captured. If time permits then do check the preview in the LCD screen to see if highlights have been blown. The highlights will blink.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi