PDA

View Full Version : Bull-Scape

Debasis Bose
04-11-2015, 07:15 AM
Nikon, Nikor 200 @ F 3.2, 1/500s ISO 200. Image taken in Kaziranga April 2015

Mrudul Godbole
04-11-2015, 08:42 PM
Nice sighting of this young bull standing in the open with the thick vegetation in the background. I think a narrower aperture like f8 or higher and a higher shutter speed would have helped to get more details. You can try reducing the exposure a bit in post processing. Wish there were some clouds, that would have helped to make the top portion more interesting. I liked the overall composition and the overall display of habitat. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more.

Saktipada Panigrahi
04-11-2015, 10:15 PM
The image truly depicts the strength and courage of wild buffalo, originated in India and Nepal. The horns are of the type: 'Sweeping out from the head sideways with a shallow curve'. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
05-11-2015, 01:02 PM
Doesn't appear meek. Rather it lords over its patch of forest. One needs to keep away from these wild buffaloes when on foot. The saturation is on the higher side and there appear to be some pink vignetting on the corners. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Debasis Bose
05-11-2015, 11:32 PM
Thank you for the lovely and educative comments, it is truly great learning.
This shot was taken from ground level near the watch tower. Since Kaziranga habitat is bright dark green and was cloudy day, I tried the WB at 7000. The aperture was 3.2 with subject about 75 m away, happy that I learned that the settings could have been different. Regards