PDA

View Full Version : Siberian stonechat - male, in Kareli lake, Vikarabad

Subhash Shrivastava
04-11-2015, 05:28 PM
Canon SX60 HS, 1/160, f/5.6, 184 mm, ISO-100. Cropped. Basic PP in GIMP.

Clicked in Kareli lake, Vikarabad on 01-Mar-15. I was crouched behind bushes looking at Rudy shellducks, on a sudden head turn I found this solitary bird perched on a twig. Though I have seen Siberian stonechats aplenty in Nannaj during winter but could never click them due to their agility

Mrudul Godbole
04-11-2015, 08:47 PM
A cute bird. Nice perch and eye contact. How were the sighting there? Lot of birds this year? Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
05-11-2015, 12:38 PM
That is the benefit of using a compact camera. One can be stealthy as well as agile. I think there may be a way to lock the aspect ratio in GIMP while cropping? How big is this lake? Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Roopak Gangadharan
05-11-2015, 01:02 PM
Nice . I too have the same question, how are the arrivals for the winter shaping up there?
TFS
Roopak

Subhash Shrivastava
05-11-2015, 07:10 PM
Dear Mrudul, Sabya and Roopak. Thanks for viewing and sharing your feedback.
I have clicked this image on 01-Mar-15, the fag end of last winter's migratory season. Usually migratory birds appear here by 3rd week of Nov, I am yet to go to any lake searching for them. This year will be challenging with most of lakes almost dry : (

Sabya sir. I have posted some images from this lake, it is a shallow water body hemmed by low hills on three sides and a small bund on the fourth. I always lock the aspect ratio while cropping, image retain it's original aspect ratio of 4:3