PDA

View Full Version : Sweet life!

Siddhartha Gogoi
20-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Rain or sunshine I will have to work for my community, this photograph portrays a Bee's work in collecting nectar so that they can build it's community. Bee's are one of the social animals that mankind can learn a lot about when it comes to serving the society, the community and thereby serving the country with honesty and hardwork.

Properties: Nikon D80 Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro ISO 200 Focal Length 302mm Aperture f/5.6

Cheers,
Siddhartha

Bibhav Behera
20-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Good Image Siddhartha,
Wish it had turned a bit more towards you...
You can post a larger image with larger side at 800 pixels and file size less than 200 KB.

Siddhartha Gogoi
20-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Hi Bibhav,

It was very difficult to photograph them as they keep on flying from one flower to the other, i like this perspective cause it has a tiny speck of water on it's wings which gives a different feel. The water droplets shows that whether it's a sunny day or a rainy day they never cease to work for the community.

cheers,
Siddhartha

Abhishek Jamalabad
20-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Amazing shot. Sharp, detailed, and nice clear background. I agree with this perspective showing the water droplet. However, would also like to see other perspectives if you have any, with bee facing more towards you as mentioned by Bibhav.
You could have posted a larger image.

Sabyasachi Patra
20-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Siddhartha,

Nice image. I agree that the water droplet adds to the image. The background is nice. I would have loved it more if the dark spot above the bee were not there.

There is an out of focus leaf or something on the lower right corner. It would have been great without that. You have mentioned 302 mm as the focal length. typo?

Siddhartha Gogoi
20-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback I guess with a higher aperture I would've got that in focus too, will keep that in mind. I was wondering all the while why everyone missed on the "302mm part" untill u noticed it. I too have a doubt about that however in camera properties the focal length shows as 302mm no idea why...

cheers,
Siddhartha

Bibhav Behera
20-08-2009, 07:40 PM
The 302 might be the 35mm equivalent focal length I guess. The D80 has a crop factor of 1.5, so the actual lens focal length probably would have been 201mm...

BTW just noticed. there seems to be a dust spot on the left side of the image...

Mrudul Godbole
21-08-2009, 11:46 AM
Lovely composition. Sharp and lovely details on the Bee. The water droplets on the Bee and the flower are a plus.

Look forward to more photographs..

AB Apana
21-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Love the droplet, do post a larger image.

Apana